Sunday 4 September 2011

Wonderful Six Months

Its all started as a joke. My boss and i were coming from Men Of Valor at Watoto Church Central and as we hit Kampala Road, our conversation shifted from the Awesome day of Men to my personal life. We discussed a lot of things and then suddenly i expressed my interest in joining his company if there happened to be an opportunity. He asked about any particular department of interest and since i had done some bit of accounting though without concrete experience in the area, i thought it would be a very good idea. He suggested that I give him some time to think about it and then get back to me.
A few days later, i received a call from him wondering whether i had any problems working from up country. I thought for a while before giving an answer. My first answer was whether there was an opportunity for a transfer. He promised  minimum of one year though without specifying what exactly i was going to do. I agreed to take on the offer and so he promised that someone would give me a call in regard to what we had talked about.
Its been six months down the road and still counting. I used to miss a lot of my friends and Church as well. Some times i wondered whether it was a God idea. At first i thought i would drown but then i had to think faster in order to survive. Life has not been any easy. Being in a managerial position calls for a balance between planning for your personal life and then your staff without jeopardizing the success of the company.
Looking back, my conclusion in all this is after all we have no control over our lives. God does direct the steps of a righteous man and in the end it is His will over our own. I am looking forward to the next phase of my stay in this Place. 
I have seen a lot of changes happening in this side of the country as far as company growth and expansion is concerned. I have received  recognitions and hugs from the top executives but that for me is not the point! Am here to promote the kingdom of God in this Place. My next half of this journey is to work harder in growth and sales improvement but also in making God known through key character qualities being inculcated in the company. By the end of my six months, i want to be in position to identify with Paul by saying that i have fought a good fight and Indeed run a good race.
Our behavior is a function of our decisions, not our conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment